PRESS RELEASE, 7 July 2020:
Karima Delli, Chairwoman of the Committee on Transport and Tourism at the European Parliament, Boston Consulting Group and ViaId are thrilled to announce the European Startup Prize for mobility’s TOP 10 for its 2020 edition.
550 European startups applied this year for the European Startup Prize’s Day After Programme and entrusted us despite the Covid-19 crisis. Following applications, they were screened by 50 independent evaluators during a 3 months’ tough and rigorous selection process.
“We have identified the 10 best European startups for sustainable mobility. I believe they have the potential to clean our air, fight climate change and help us shift to a mobility system where private cars and fossil fuels are less prominent.”, declares Karima Delli, Green Member of the European Parliament and Chairwoman of the Committee on Transport and Tourism.
*In alphabetical order
Autofleet – The first ever Vehicle as a Service platform for fleets, enabling large global fleets to optimize existing operations and dynamically leverage unused vehicles to launch new services.
Chargery – Chargery is a full-service-provider for the future of mobility. With the combination of intelligent software and a broad variety of services we enable highly efficient operations for shared mobility.
Fairtiq – The simplest way to everyday mobility for everyone, everywhere. That’s the idea behind FAIRTIQ, the easiest way to buy a ticket for public transport with the best and fair price every time.
Humanising Autonomy – Real-time vulnerable road user behaviour analysis and intent prediction software for accident and near-miss prevention in urban environments.
MOTIONTAG – MOTIONTAG makes mobility intelligent by describing and understanding real-world mobility through data-driven services.
Pony – Pony is a french micromobility operator providing shared bikes & escooters. Our business model allows anyone to purchase a vehicle and share it with other people.
Skipr – Skipr’s unique integrated solution (a MaaS application, a payment card and a dashboard) provides companies with smart mobility tailored to their needs and policies
UFT – We provide software for demand responsive transport to some of Europe’s largest public transport authorities and private fleet operators.
Unifly NV – Unifly’s platform integrates drones into the airspace safely, connecting authorities with drone pilots to approve and manage drone flights. We also made an electronic license plate for drones.
- Europcar awarded its special distinction to Humanising Autonomy (see above).
- RATP awarded its special distinction to Dott.
Dott – Dott is an European micromobility operator, designed for responsibility and sustainability. Our mission is to open-up cities with clean mobility for everyone. Starting with e-scooters and e-bikes.
- GRDF awarded its special distinction to Hygen SIA.
HYGEN SIA – HYGEN’s superchargers can fuel Gas Powered Vehicles anywhere in just few minutes. Connected to regular gas grid our systems transform existing grid into a global distributed bio-CNG fueling network.
“This year more than the others, we had to bring the appropriate response to these brilliant startups, who are not only counting on us to help them scale up to the European level but, above all, to rebound after the socio-economic crisis and find all the possible ways to investment.“, says Jean-François Dhinaux, Head of Development & Strategy @ViaId.
- TOP10 will be invited to the EUSP Demo Day (virtual event in front of investors, date in Sept. TBD) and our official Prize Ceremony.(physical in front of our VIP Jury, date in Nov. TBD)
- TOP10 will get a chance to have a free Mentoring with our partners and powered by Boston Consulting Group, that will shortly follow the Ceremony once our 4 Gold Award winners have been chosen by the Jury.
- TOP10 will represent the EUSP Manifesto in Brussels, in order to raise up the voice of green innovation to the European Union. The manifesto will help define key priorities and propose solutions the EU could foster, in order to enable a faster and efficient greening of transport in the aftermath of COVID-19 crisis. This will be presented in the European Commission and in the European Parliament highest decision makers. (date in Sept. TBD)
- TOP10 will be contacted in relation with our Day After Programme for dedicated pitch sessions in front of EU investors: the European Investment Bank (EIB), EIT Urban Mobility programme, EIT InnoEnergy and the European Super Angels Club (ESAC) will soon determine the startups which they are interested in.
“Urban mobility will drastically change post-pandemic. We deeply believe the 10 startups selected this year show potential to reinvent mobility habits and encourage sustainable options. We will make our best to make it happen!“, concludes Joël Hazan, Managing Director and Partner at Boston Consulting Group.
Grégory Merly, Managing Director
firstname.lastname@example.org / +336 58 88 80 95