- Karima Delli, Member of the European Parliament and Chairwoman of the Transports Committee
- Joël Hazan, Partner and Managing Director at the Boston Consulting Group
- Jean-François Dhinaux, Strategy and CMO at Via-ID
are delighted to invite you to the press conference of the EU Startup Prize for mobility (EUSP), at 5:15 pm on the 20 February 2020, at the @Drivery, prior their Opening Ceremony of the EUSP Challenge 2020.
2020 is the 3RD edition of the EU Startup Prize for mobility:
– in 2018, 500 startups applied for this prestigious Prize of the EU
– in 2019, 570 startups took a chance for the second edition
– in 2020, the story is not written yet…
“There has been a crush between the EUSP and the vibrant Berlin tech ecosystem since we have created the Prize in 2018.”, said Karima Delli, Chairwoman of the Transports Committee at the European Parliament. Indeed, Germany is the 3rd country sending the most startups last year, with 34 proud representatives after France (130) and Spain (36) and right before the UK (24) and Italy (17).
Our Kick-off event shows already 250 startups, venture capitals and big transportation companies registered from all over Europe.
After the giant fundraising of Blablacar in 2018 (200 million euros) and Bolt last year (175 million dollars), who is going to be the next in line?
“We select every year the 10 best startups for sustainable mobility in Europe. Our selection criteria compare business models of startups as well as their environmental and social impact.”, says Jean-François Dhinaux, CMO and Strategy at Via-ID.
Then, the EUSP helps the 10 winners to scale up in Europe, via a 6 month acceleration programme.
“Boston Consulting Group commits every year to provide a pro bono mentoring for the top winners : we help them to sharpen their strategy and expand their business into new countries..“, underlines Joël Hazan, Partner and Managing Director at the Boston Consulting Group.
Countries, tech ecosystems, labs from big corporations, incubators are therefore preparing their best candidate for the 2020 Challenge. Our key dates for them:
– 20 February 2020: applications open
– 31 Mars 2020: applications close
– 24 April 2020: announcement of the Top 50
– 26 May 2020: announcement of the Top 10
– 11 June 2020: Grand Ceremony at Vivatech (Paris)
Come and meet the European startups who dream of winning the 2020 edition, our founders, partners as well as members of the Jury.
– Press conference will take place @Drivery: 5:15pm => 5:45pm
– Kick-off event: 6:00pm => 7:30pm
– Networking Cocktail: 7:30pm => 8:30pm
Grégory Merly, Managing Director
+336 58 88 80 95
Press kit: https://startupprize.eu/press-page-the-prize-2020/
Programme of the Kick-off event: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/eu-startup-prize-for-mobility-2020-kickoff-ceremony-tickets-90654972463
Follow us on Social Media: #EUSPformobility